E-Payment facility of Central Excise and Services Tax is a part of the e-Government initiatives. The issue of on-line payment of Central Excise and Service Tax through the internet portals of various banks had been under consideration. The system requirements, methodology and suggested process flow was developed, without having any implication of the existing procedure of the executive and accounting agencies of the Department, in 2004 and given to banks for suggesting the solutions. While most of the banks have intimated their acceptance of providing this option, and are developing the solutions at their IT Departments, 7 Banks have so far come up with the necessary software. These solutions meet the criteria laid down by the office of the Principal Chief Controller of Accounts, CBEC.
|Names of these 7 Banks are:|
|1.||Union Bank of India|
|6.||State Bank of India|
|7.||Punjab National Bank|
|8.||Oriental Bank Of Commerce|
The internet banking option provided by the banks for payment of Central Excise and Service Tax mainly consist of the following:
Solution is available to:
- Customer of any of the Core Banking branches of the Bank.
- A taxpayer who possess PAN based 15 digit Assesses Code.
- Customers having registration with bank for opting e-payment.
- Customers having Banks’ interest banking ID.
|This is a 24 hour facility and such, customer can make the payment any time of the day.|
All payments effected up to 8PM will be accounted for the day itself and all payments effected after 8PM will be accounted as next working day’s receipt.
- Ease of operation and convenience
- Facility is available on 24x7 basis
- One can pay on behalf of the firm, company and others
- On-line payment of taxes (No more queues and waiting)
- Filling of single challan form
- Selection of appropriate tax-type from drop-down menu
- Instant Cyber receipts for payment made
- Receipted copy of challans delivered at doorstep.